Saturday, July 22, 2006

have you ever known anyone so well that you've seen all sides to him or her?

if i asked you, "do you know me enough to judge me?" - what would your answer be?

you know what's weird? i always tell people, "i'd rather you hate me for who i am, than love me for what i'm not"... but i have difficulty in applying this philosophy to some other person than myself. i always have a certain perspective of how things should be. and i've lost my awareness to the fact that my so called open mind isn't so open anymore. and not to mention, but my so called open heart isn't so open anymore either.

i find it so hard to trust people now. maybe because i'm still struggling to learn how to trust myself. i'm still learning how to let go of so many damn things that have happened in the past that still come to haunt me from time to time.

and i believe that the worst part of it all, is that i have this confidence in me to think that i'm right in most situations. its not that i dont admit to my mistakes, i actually almost always do... but i still carry on babbling about how things should be rather than take it all in the way it is. and its really hurting a lot of people.

if there was really one thing that i could change about myself... it'll just be the way i open my mind and heart to life again. and truthfully speaking, a lot of people tell me that my religion has held me back... but seriously, no one holds me back except myself. doesn't that go for most of us? hehe. Anyway, God made us all equal didn't he? He loves EVERYONE. no exceptions. we're all His creation, yeah? He sees us all as His children, right? so what gives me the right to judge?

besides, i don't think i know anyone enough to truly say what they are. what would i know anyway? it's insignificant to them. it should be. it's their life, not mine.

***
something old comes up to haunt us every now and then... but keep up with faith my friend. and no matter what, i'll be here by your side. i promise. whatever it takes, i swear i'll go through it with you.

No comments: