Saturday, August 30, 2008

Caroline Rose Palser

If I hadn't woken up, would I have been asleep forever?

What makes us compassionate? Through our understanding of Suffering. A Suffering that is inevitable in this world. A Suffering that we share through many various forms. But that is why I don't like leaving anyone behind. That is why I have a genuine care for people around me. That is where my compassion for you stems.

I've been told that I look to God for help a lot. Well, I do, but how does God truly help me?

Through people. God doesn't zap my heart with warm fuzzy feelings whenever I'm sad, or when I'm in need of His love. He won't come down from heaven and give me a big hug, and He won't erase my problems instantly (even if He could). Instead, His kindness and love for me is manifested through the people that are being used as His instrument to console me. And these people don't even know it. I do seek God, but I'm not oblivious to the blessings that He showers upon me. Through my environment, God answers my prayers.

It is no miracle. It is not that hard to understand either. I pray because I'm His child. I pray to Him because I acknowledge Him as my God and Saviour, friend and brother. But as far as being nurtured by Him... I let myself learn from the persons that He sends my way.

Through people, I see God's face.

Through people, I hear God's voice.

Through people, I feel God's love.

So trust me when I say that God loves you... all you have to do is allow yourself to be loved by Him. No one is stopping you except you. God is in control... He will never send anything your way that you can't handle.

*****

God is good. I know that He's giving me a second chance. And I gladly accept.

I'm glad you didn't walk out of my door. Thank you.

My heart's not as heavy as it was before... maybe someday I'll fall in love again...

No comments: