Friday, December 03, 2010

2nd Round of Chemo

Well, it was a little rougher than my first session. I found out on the day of my treatment that there was a national shortage of one of the medications that I needed. So instead, they gave me a derivative of the substance... which took 8 times as long to get into my body. The plan was to be done by noon, and I ended up being back home by 3:30 PM. To top it up, I had to be poked 4 times for the ivy to stay put in my veins... originally, my veins were not cooperating. Next time, I'm drinking a bottle of water before treatment. That should help a little.

But when all was said and done, treatment went well. Caroline rushed to the hospital after her class because she wanted to be there for me. I think I worried her after texting her that I've just been poked 4 times to get the ivy to stay put in me. My Mother started to walk away because she didn't like to see me in pain... and I was so proud of my sister for staying with me and being strong with me. I was glad to see my sister again. She's been very supportive, just like all the people around me. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm very blessed.

My teachers in Eastman have caught up with my situation, and most of them are sending their encouragement as well.

I need to shave my head... the little hairs that are falling off are making my neck itch.

Anyway, holidays are coming! Christmas! Woohoo! :)

No comments: