Friday, March 25, 2011

Life As I Knew It

When I was younger, I thought that the skies were blue because of some magical reason that could never be understood, and that the clouds only seem to pollute the scenery. And I always thought that dogs and cats are secretly able to speak our languages, gossiping about us whenever we sleep at night. I was also convinced that a fly could rise up from the grave after having been swatted, somehow rejuvenating itself even with it's guts spilled out.

I would like to think that my mind is still as imaginative and limitless, not bound by the laws that govern our physical world. But somehow, I know that I've caged my thinking a whole lot more than I used to. And I find it hard to let my imagination fly whenever I get an opportunity to use it.

Don't get me wrong. I love physics. I just can't seem to undo what I've learned, and hope to be a little bit more creative outside the compounds of theories and laws that are supposedly scientific.

I need imagination and creativity to start my business. Wait... What?

Ah, how wonderful the human mind works, as the truth expresses itself after a long time of serving the monstrous 88-key, and setting myself up for educating and being educated, that in the midst of all the various journeys, I end up yearning to achieve more through another means of skill and mastery.

Now questions race back and forth...

What makes a successful business?

How do you start one?

What does it take to maintain one?

Am I for real?

Seriously, why can't I just be content?

No comments: