Friday, November 27, 2009

How Do You Want People To Remember Your Name?

So its the day after Thanksgiving day, and yes... there are so many things in my life that I'm thankful for. I can honestly say that I am very blessed. While I'm sitting down in front of my laptop, eating a chocolate bar, at around 9:30 in the morning, I started thinking of how wonderful it would be if I could come up with my own Music Learning Theory. Of course, it is a long shot. I'd have to wait until pigs can fly, even though that was the case already with swine flu. And the challenging part is not figuring out how the standard model for the Learning Theory works... but how to add on it, and make it better.

I hear all these people say things like, "Oh, he's using the Gordon technique", or "he's using the Orff technique" and sometimes, "he's using the Kodaly technique". How wonderful would it be if one day, people also started saying, "he's using the Reyes technique".

Sounds cheesy. Lol.

*****

Upgrades for my car is running my head to the walls. I just want to get an intake, and I want to get it fast. I'm addicted to making my car perform better... but I haven't done anything to it yet! Once I snap on my first upgrade, I know for a fact I'll never stop snapping on other parts. I was thinking of just jacking my current car up to its full potential instead of buying myself a new car.

I mean, really digging in and getting the works done with my Chevy Cobalt Coupe, '05, 2.2L...

1) Intake System
2) Exhaust System
3) Supercharger
4) Stage 3 PCM (with internals)
5) 16'' Wheels, chrome finish (of course)

That's only the beginning... and that would already cost me a few thousand dollars. But it is still cheaper than getting a new car! And with all the right upgrades, If my calculations are right, I'm jacking up my car to an increase of about 100-130 horsepower. That's worth it.

Now... where can I find the money? hehe.

*****

College apps! Finishing two of them today. Graduate school... better watch out. I'm coming for you.

Apparently, there's a new school opening around the area. Not until 2 years though... but it may work out because I'll be fresh out of Graduate school. That would be awesome if I can get myself hooked up with a job straight away! That would provide for my car upgrades! hehe.

Anyway... the future is exciting. And I'm enjoying the present for now. :)

No comments: